Sunday, October 31, 2010

Beauty, not the rubble

I have delayed thinking about leaving. And I'm not sure what to feel about it now. I hope Mother Teresa's quote is true: "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love." Because I have surely loved until it hurts, deeply. I have come across the world only to find myself at home. However, a joy is growing deep in my soul. As long as I never forget the love and laughter, family and friendship here, it will always be with me. I have so much to do when I get home, it feels a little overwhelming. But, these memories and God's strength will encourage me in my weakness.

"This may not be the road I would have chose for me, but it still feels right some how. I have never felt You as close to me as I do right now. This is what it feels like to be led"

Everyone said coming here would change me, but I didn't understand how. When I first arrived, I said that Liberia has beauty amidst the rubble. I have found such beauty. And it is the beauty, not the rubble that has changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment