Monday, November 1, 2010

Saturday in Liberia

I went shopping with Sebol, Joseph, and Leslie. I bought 5 dresses for $25. Two of them are for friends of Donna. And I got one for myself. I think it’s pretty. I plan on wearing it home tomorrow since I don't really have other clothes to wear.
So, we headed out towards Peter’s house. I saw Michael again. He came to me. I pumped up a soccer ball that doesn’t hold air very well and Michael and I played soccer together. We invited another friend to play and took turns kicking the ball back and forth. Then we sat for a while. It was the first day I saw him that he didn’t have a fever. He climbed on my lap anyway and fell asleep. What a gift! What a blessing. I wish I could remember forever the feeling of holding him in my arms. I will treasure it always. I didn’t know if I would ever experience him sleeping in my arms. He slept for a long time. I rocked him and sang to him and prayed over him and kissed his head. Even after he awoke, he stayed on my lap. I talked a little to Oretha. She is an amazing woman. She goes to nursing school Thurs. Fri, and Sat. and goes to the hospital on Mon Tues and Wed. When I asked her how many of her children still lived at home, she said they are all of mine. Beautiful answer. She is a beautiful woman.




No comments:

Post a Comment