Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not what I would have chosen

Well, thanks to Obama I missed my connecting flight in
Atlanta. I and about 10 other people missed the flight
by about 10 min. The plane was still there, but we
weren't allowed to board. That, after running with
a 50 lb backpack on my back through the airport.

I am staying at the Wynham Gardens in Atlanta tonight
and fly out tomorrow at 5:50pm to Brussels (not even
funny)then to Monrovia. I will arrive in Monrovia at
4:30 pm on Mon.

My baggage is flying with me as it did not make the
flight either.

I have neither cell phone or credit card with me. I
didn't need either in Monrovia.

I have met many angels today though. Strangers who
have shown me kindness. That is the blessing b/c I am
facing many things I would not have chosen. Mainly:
~I did not want to fly alone from MSP let alone all the
way to Monrovia.
~I did not want to fly through Brussels, yet that is
the only way there now.

My backpack made it through as a carry on, thank GOD!
But, my carry on w/wheel did not. It was checked at no
extra charge, which turns out to be a blessing. As
trekking with the bp is plenty plenty (as they say
in Liberia). And, my backpack has the stuff I need,
so that was good.

So, that's the end of the first day of this God-
ordained trip (I believe that, even if it doesn't
feel like it right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment