Friday, October 29, 2010

Michael 2


Today we went back to Pastor Peter’s house. Christina, director of Forget- me- Not, is meeting with the nannies to do training and physical therapy for the kids with special needs. I thought Michael was in school, so I wasn’t looking for him. He wasn’t in school and he found me! He was really hot again. I took him to Christina to have her look at him. His temp was 103.2. She gave him some medicine right away and Josephus, her Liberian partner in FMN ministry, said he has malaria and gave me medicine for him. I took it to Peter’s wife. I know her name, but can’t spell it. Anyway, she will give him the medicine.

I also had Christina look behind his ear. He had some drainage. There is an infected cut there. So, I took antiseptic cream and cleaned it. She also gave some cream to help that clear up.

He didn’t have any energy again. So I carried him, rocked him and sang to him again. I kissed his head and held him close. Oh how I wish I would never forget how it feels to hold him. I am concerned that he is sick, but thankful I could be here to hold him.

After a little bit, his fever broke. And he climbed off my lap. I didn’t follow him, and after a few minutes he came back with his Legos. I was thrilled! He climbed back on my lap and I saw the tower that he had made on his own. Well done! We decided to make one of the houses from the directions. Another boy, probably about 10, helped. I like him. So, we played with Legos for a while. After we were done, I got out some bubbles I had brought. I gave Michael one wand and I took one and we blew bubbles for the other children. While we were doing that, Pastor Peter walked by and said, “Now I am beginning to understand why American kids are spoiled.” It was so funny. I thought, Peter, you haven’t seen anything, all I did was give him a backpack for school, Legos for his birthday (it’s next week, he will be six) and some bubbles to play with.

Way too soon it was time to go. I hugged him and kissed him and told him I would be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment