Friday, February 27, 2009

Fingerprints done!

Well, it was an interesting day. Last night, we were concerned that the roads would be too bad to travel, so we were glad to find that everything got plowed.We started off by dropping our school age kids at a friend's house an hour before school started so we could get on our way.

We made really good time, including a little traffic once we got on 494. We arrived at the Bloomington office 15 min early, only to find out that we weren't supposed to go to the Bloomington office. Our appointment was at the St. Paul office. And although the correct address was on our form, the address and directions from the website was for Bloomington. We got some hasty directions to the other office, packed Alaina back in the van and prayed we could still get in for our appointment. I tried to call the office on my cell phone, but as I've said before, calling government offices is a jungle. Finally, I did get to a real person and she said if they could still get us in, they would and if not we would have to reschedule. Thanks, very helpful. With our best guess and God's help, we arrived at the St. Paul office 20 min. late.

We were relieved that we were able to get in for our appointment with no trouble and celebrated at a nearby Perkin's when we were done. As soon as Alaina's mac n cheese was served, she said she was going to spit up, I, foolishly, didn't think she knew what she was talking about and she promptly delivered blue blast (cool aid/sprite combo) all over her food. It was gross, but funny because her nostrils were blue because it spewed out that way too.

One other interesting thing, when I got my fingerprints, the lady asked me what I do. I told her I'm a mom and daycare provider. She said, "Oh, you have really worn fingertips." I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Later, Mark said, "Oh, she told me I have nice hands." (He was just kidding.) : )

However, the most exciting news of the day I didn't find out until tonight. My good friend, Mary, received news that they passed court in Ethiopia, which means the two sweet, adorable kids that she and her husband are adopting are officially and legally theirs forever. To learn more about their story go to:
http://www.loveisgreaterthanfear.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Alaina was sick. It seems all our celebratory moments are sprinkled with all the other parts of life. I'm so glad the government fingerprint stuff is done.

    ReplyDelete