Friday, February 20, 2009

Do what you are told

Yesterday I received another notice from USIC (I think that’s what it’s called), but the date for our fingerprints was different. Have you ever tried to call a government office to talk to a real person? Wow, leave it to the government to make things difficult. My first attempt ended with the automated system hanging up on me. Whatever! I don’t even know what I did the second time but I did eventually get to a “real” person. When I told her I got two appointments on different days, she said, “Sweet!” Huh? She said, “Oh, that’s great! They bumped your appointment up to a closer date.”
Me- What if Sat works better than Friday for us?
“Well, you better go to the earlier one, they probably filled the later one.”

So, now we are arranging plans to make a trip to Bloomington on Fri. Feb. 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment