Monday, December 28, 2009

A Christmas gift

On Christmas Eve day I went out and got the mail. In it I received one of the best Christmas presents of this year. Our I600a approval.

We applied for the I600a in Jan (?) We went to St. Paul for fingerprints in Feb. I went again in March because I have "defective" fingerprints. : ) We submitted our home study in May. And then we waited. And waited and waited. Nothing. Finally, I emailed our adoption agency and asked what I should do. They asked me if we did our fingerprints. I said yes. I asked them if they submitted our home study. They said yes. Then I asked, "Where did you send it? Our fingerprints are in St. Paul." They responded, "Oh, we sent your home study to Milwaukee. We will resend it right away." About a month later, (Nov) I received a letter from USCIS saying I needed local police clearance since my fingerprints failed. ( I never realized how important those little buggers are!) So, I got that taken care of and finally, received the paper we have been waiting for!

No comments:

Post a Comment