Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bittersweet thoughts of the holiday season

First of all, I don't know why I need to torture myself with catching up on my friends' blogs of happy pictures and memories of their adopted children safe and sound at home with them right before I update my blog which is still about the waiting.

We put up the Christmas decorations on Sunday. The ponderings of my heart were bittersweet. Last year, I had dreams of what this Christmas would be like. I was sure our little boy would be here by then. There is the Christmas stocking I bought last year when we first received Michael's picture. It's hanging by the fireplace with the rest. And there's the Christmas stocking that's not hanging up too.

I made a Christmas ornament with Michael's picture on it and hung it on the tree tonight.

Alaina's teacher told me today that Alaina has been talking about her brothers a lot lately. The one that's in Liberia and the other one's that in heaven. Evelyn is the Star Student next week and she's including Michael in her family too.

Our gifts arrived for Michael this week. My friend still didn't see him smile. Oh how precious that first glimpse of joy in his eyes will be.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how blessed Micheal is to have you as his mommy. This journey is just the beginning of his precious life's story. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this feeling as well. Hopefully you will have lots and lots of pics when she comes home! I think sometimes the pics help us get through the waiting. Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete