Thursday, June 25, 2015

While we were waiting

Facebook has a new feature now that shows you things that happened on each day from years ago. This is what popped up for me today. Something I'm sure I would never have remembered writing, something that was completely over shadowed by one of those life changing moments just five days later. I didn't know that Habakkuk would go to his grandfather's funeral. I didn't know that he would be one of the victims of the cholera outbreak in his village with no clean water. Just five days after I wrote this little note to the sons I had never met, I didn't know our little boy would died. 
While we are waiting

I believe our boy is over malaria. However, while he was getting treatment in Monrovia, their grandpa died. Both boys were staying with the pastor that is overseeing their care. The relatives decided that the grandma can't continue to care for the boys alone, so they are now with a foster family. I don't know many details at all. I imagine the benefit is that the pastor is closer and will be able to see them more. But, really, my heart is sad because our boys have lost the only family they know. They don't know there is a mommy and a daddy across the ocean who love them and pray for them. They don't know they have sisters and a brother who talk about them often and wonder what it will be like to have new brothers.

My dear, precious boys,

You are loved. You are wanted. You have a home.
You are not abandoned. We will come for you.
Sleep with peace, play with joy, and smile with hope.

And, as I pray over all my children,
May God shine His face on you and be gracious to you.
May He turn His face towards you and give you peace.
May you love God with all your heart and soul and strength.
May you love Him forever and follow Him all you days.
And may He send His angels to watch over you to guard your heart, your mind and your body.
In Jesus' name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment