Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Suffering now, joy later. I guess that's why dessert comes last.

OK, here's one of my little secrets. One of my favorite things about being an adult is that no one, well at least most people, don't tell me I can't have dessert first. If I want to have a little something sweet before dinner and ruin my appetite. I can. I never had that privilege as a kid and I enjoy that freedom now.

I wish the rest of life was so simple. There are days when I can look at Michael's picture and smile for the joy knowing him has brought to my life and the ways I have grown because of loving him. And then there are days when I just cry. There is a very sweet little boy in my neighborhood who comes over to play. He is black and about Michael's age. I love it when he is at our house. I can taste a little of what it would be like to have Michael here.


Whether now or later, I will be with him someday. And I do have deep joy knowing he is loved and cared for where he is. And, he knows I love him too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment