Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today is Habakkuk's birthday


Today Habakkuk would have turned four years old.

Today we celebrated Habakkuk's life.

Today we remembered that God takes the really bad stuff and brings something good out of it, if we let Him.

Today I'm still sad that I'll never hold Habakkuk until heaven. But, I'm so grateful that his life brought us to Kpeletayama village, my other home town. I'm thankful that his life continues to save the lives of many other children through his namesake well. And, more, because of Habakkuk, others are working together to build partnerships with the people in that community to bring hope.

Mark reminded me today that the book of Habakkuk in the Bible is about how God uses terrible circumstances to bring about His good plan. If we want to do something good, we get some good people to do it. But, God can even use bad people to accomplish His purposes. The death of a child due to unsafe water is tragic. But God... I love that phrase. But God didn't leave Habakkuk's death as the last chapter, but the begin of a whole new chapter. The first chapter was the well. The next chapter is the school.

Today I celebrate Habakkuk's life. He reminds me that every life matters.
Happy Birthday, Habakkuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment