Monday, August 16, 2010

Clarify

I have heard from a few people that they thought that the little boy, Varney, that died was our Varney, he is not. Our Varney is doing fine. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. The little boy that died lived with his mother and had been suffering from a disease that caused his head to swell. He was waiting for a medical visa to receive treatment, but the visa didn't get approved in time.

To learn more about Varney and others like him, go to:
http://globalorphanoutreach.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html
This is a recent picture of Varney (on left) and Michael (on right). We continue to sponsor them and look forward to sending them to school in the fall. We are told they are very good rice eaters and healthy. Varney is sweet and sensitive. Michael is creative with strong leadership skills. They are loved and cared for with their foster family and for that we are very thankful. Micheal calls us "his white people". I am really looking forward to going to see them in Oct. Yes, I am planning to fly to Liberia Oct.23 for one week. It won't be long enough, and I'm told that I'm not allowed to pack a suitcase of Kleenex. (I plan to bring cloth hankies and just dry them out instead!) We are planning a day to visit Kpeletayama village, where Habukkuk's well is. I am beginning to raise money for a school in the village. I will need around $5500 to $6000 for that project. I will have more info coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment