Friday, February 19, 2010

Habakkuk's Well Update: We did it!

This morning I received a call that we raised all the money for the well! I am so excited. I can't believe we raised the money so fast! I can't say enough how much I appreciate everyone who heard our story and supported this dream. It means so much to me.

The organization we are working with will get the details for the construction date early next week. We are partnering with a third party, to oversee the construction of the well in Liberia. This will help insure that all the funds are used properly and the well is put in right. They will also teach the people of the village how to care for their well and make sure it is maintained, as well as possibly doing other educationally outreaches such as AIDS prevention. This means further positive impact for this community.

When the well is complete, I hope to send pictures and an update to everyone who donated. And now, please pray that our boys come home soon. Since this part of the project is coming to a close, I won't have that to distract me from missing them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment