Friday, April 3, 2009

Not much news, but a new journal

Liberia is still officially closed as the updates to the adoption process get signed into law.

We scheduled our final adoption education visit for next Thursday, then our home study can be completed.

I have an appointment to go get my yellow fever shot and malaria medication.

And, although I know the pastor visited the boys last week and said they were doing well, I haven't received the new pictures of the boys yet.

I started a journal for the boys this week. Whenever we were expecting a new baby, I always started a journal to record my thoughts and feelings during that time. That journal eventually grew into a journal for that child. So, I began this journal by going through my personal journals and recording any of my thoughts about adoption over the last few years. I left room on alternating pages to hopefully write in some of what was going on in their lives around the same time. I want the boys to know they were always loved and wanted. And that I was thinking of them and praying for them long before I knew how or when they would join our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment